Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 58

The dam's temperature is steadily above 100, so we wait.  Nesting activity now includes collecting every dog toy ever, and caching it in the sheets of the whelping box (balls show up that I've never seen before!).  Certain toys are chosen, presented with much carrying on, then carted off again, and I can hear a flurry of activity coming from the other room. 

While I am sure that hormones drive the above behavior, it illustrates one of my favorite Zsa Zsa traits, that at least occasionally, this mudi has her own agenda.  In the herding group, the energy is for the team - "What's on our agenda? I'm ready - whatever you want me to do - give the command!"   The connection is great and I like being buds; it's why we have dogs, right?  AND...I like the streak of independence that shows up in this mudi, "Okay, if we're done, and you don't need me right now, I've got a list of things...let's meet back when you're ready to go again, just say my name."  It's a small tweak of a difference, and maybe it just shows how smart this mudi is, that she knows when I need to focus on my work, solo.  What I'm sure of is that her companionship is pure pleasure, and that for her coming agenda, " Zsa Zsa, I'm ready - whatever you want me to do - just bark!"

No comments:

Post a Comment